I recommend that all of my music students who are able to, download the following software and use it.
Read Rhythm App – $2.99 on any IOS device (iphone, ipad, ipod touch, …)
If you want to learn to read rhythms, this is the best training program I know of. It’s fantastic.
To many people, especially older folks, the electric guitar solo is the very epitome of everything that is wrong with modern worship music. It is the symbol, the icon of that evil rock ‘n roll that has crept into the church.
Why do many of todays modern songs that are on the radio, both […]
If you can get a new recruit to be able to start playing along with a simple popular worship song with just 5 minutes of instruction, you can literally watch the excitement on their faces as they realize that they can actually do it! And then with that excitement, you can launch […]
Using modern software like Spectrasonic’s Omnisphere and others, you can play a single note and have it trigger a whole chord, or multiple octaves from that one note.
Or you can play a chord as a traditional block chord and […]
How does your keyboard sound? Is it starting to smell a little old and moldy? If your church is in need of an update or a new keyboard rig, let me give you some exciting news and a recommendation. In reading interview after interview with the pros who play keyboard live … the most popular […]
Subscribe Via Email
- Fresh Keyboard Sounds with Mainstage now $29! 11 comments
- Favorite Modern Classic Hymns and arrangements 0 comments
- How the Microphone Changed the World 2 comments
- From Old Testament to Rock ‘n Roll 3 comments
- Register for 2013 Worship Camps 5 comments
- How fast should we sing the hymns? 0 comments
- Too Much Repetition? 2 comments
- Are Guitar Solos of the Devil? 3 comments
- How to engage the congregation: Part 3 “Balance Familiar and Fresh Songs” 0 comments
- Want to join the worship team? Here’s a toilet brush! 0 comments