When it comes to music, I believe that music is organized sound, it is an abstract, amoral language, a tool we can use to express emotions and moods especially. It is beautiful and valuable all by itself, but is often at its most powerful when matched up with words, helping us to express more than […]
Too Much Repetition?
Too Much Repetition? Repetition in Songs – How much is too much?
Modern worship songs are often accused of being too repetitive. Let’s take a look at some key questions around repetition.
Is repetition ever ok?
I don’t know anyone that is against all repetition. Everyone is in favor of some repetition. Let me […]
How to Engage the Congregation! – Part 2: Pick the “right” songs
Once you have spent time asking God to reveal to how what He wants, you might want to take a look at your song selection. What does God want to hear?
1. Give me the Gospel Truth!
The first thing you probably want to do is take a look at the lyrics to […]
How to Engage the Congregation! – Part 1: Pray!
There is certainly a place for the worship team to sing a song to the congregation, where the congregation is expected to participate by listening …
But for the vast majority of worship leaders out there, our heart beats with the command from the scriptures such as Psalm 150:6 “Let everything that has breath […]
Questions! I love good questions! I heard some great ones on the radio today:
How would our church be different if people were REALLY sold out for the Gospel of Jesus Christ? What would we change? What would we be doing?
So for our worship ministries…. what would our congregational singing times be like if […]
Telling the Redemption Story with the Basic Elements of Music
Part of the power of music, is that it aids us in drawing people in to the One True Story, the Good News about Jesus and our Redemption. Let us reduce that story into it’s most basic parts and then discuss how the elements of music are used to give eloquence and vibrance and emotion, […]
Subscribe Via Email
- Fresh Keyboard Sounds with Mainstage now $29! 11 comments
- Favorite Modern Classic Hymns and arrangements 0 comments
- How the Microphone Changed the World 2 comments
- From Old Testament to Rock ‘n Roll 3 comments
- Register for 2013 Worship Camps 5 comments
- Are Guitar Solos of the Devil? 3 comments
- How fast should we sing the hymns? 0 comments
- Too Much Repetition? 2 comments
- How to engage the congregation: Part 3 “Balance Familiar and Fresh Songs” 0 comments
- Want to join the worship team? Here’s a toilet brush! 0 comments