I recommend that all of my music students who are able to, download the following software and use it.
Read Rhythm App – $2.99 on any IOS device (iphone, ipad, ipod touch, …)
If you want to learn to read rhythms, this is the best training program I know of. It’s fantastic.
If you want to practice playing by ear, just cover up the part of the screen that has the rhythm notation.
Tenuto – Music Theory App – $3.99 on any IOS device (iphone, ipad, ipod touch, …)
Best ear training tool, very inexpensive. Intervals, Chords, …. so much more!
Ableton LIVE – free demo version
www.ableton.com/live (mac or pc)
This program is so useful. You can use it as a click. You can program drum beats. You can slow down audio. You can change the key of audio and have it still sound reasonable! You can mix and match beats/rhythms/melodies/chords. You can record one part (rhythm for example) and then start improvising or practicing melodies over the top of it. I recommend that all my students download the free trial version. $99 for the intro version is not bad either.
The free trial version will let you do everything except save.
What programs do you use to help you learn?
Subscribe Via Email
- Fresh Keyboard Sounds with Mainstage now $29! 11 comments
- Favorite Modern Classic Hymns and arrangements 0 comments
- How the Microphone Changed the World 2 comments
- From Old Testament to Rock 'n Roll 3 comments
- Register for 2013 Worship Camps 5 comments
- How fast should we sing the hymns? 0 comments
- Too Much Repetition? 2 comments
- Are Guitar Solos of the Devil? 3 comments
- How to engage the congregation: Part 3 "Balance Familiar and Fresh Songs" 0 comments
- Want to join the worship team? Here's a toilet brush! 0 comments