Click at here to download the .pdf handout:
How do we attract, develop, and keep your worship team members – NW Ministry Session
How do we Attract, Develop, and Keep a worship team?
Discipling in Worship Ministry
Attract… (Crowd 5000/120/70)
Make your onramp longer! Add farming […]
How can I as a leader server you better? How can we as servants, serve one another better? If we really want to offer our best to God and his people … what kinds of things can we do to inspire us? Should we go […]
A good friend of mine is going to have a “Vision Night” with his worship team. A time to get together and enjoy a meal and pray and discuss what God might want them to do as a worship team in this next season … He asked what questions I might put out there […]
One of the most basic definitions of music is that it is organized sound. When you take random noises and organize them into some kind of discernable pattern, you have music. If those sounds are made by a human voice and have meaning, you have human speech. The two are closely related.
And in […]
My good friend Ruth Goddard from Joy of Music Co. wrote some things in a recent email conversation that I thought were terrific suggestions that are worth passing along:
What can we do to engage all generations?
1. Teach a respect for other generations’ musical heart language
-when I learn your songs, I show […]
Amazing Grace – Old School and Fast!
Amazing Grace – Modern, Bluesy and Slow!
Leaning on the Everlasting arms – Old School and Fast!
To many people, especially older folks, the electric guitar solo is the very epitome of everything that is wrong with modern worship music. It is the symbol, the icon of that evil rock ‘n roll that has crept into the church.
Why do many of todays modern songs that are on the radio, both […]
Youth Worship is HARD!
I LOVE leading youth in worship. It can be AWESOME! But there are some unique challenges as well…
Why is youth worship often so much more difficult than Sunday Morning worship?
Young People are usually less mature and more self conscious Teenagers are notorious for being […]
Once upon a time a group of families met to sing songs of worship to God. They all squished into a nice, clean, warm, bright room with wooden arches and padded pews where one could see and hear everyone, including the piano and/or organ and everyone sang melodies and harmony out of a hymnal. […]
Subscribe Via Email
- Fresh Keyboard Sounds with Mainstage now $29! 11 comments
- Favorite Modern Classic Hymns and arrangements 0 comments
- From Old Testament to Rock ‘n Roll 3 comments
- How the Microphone Changed the World 2 comments
- Register for 2013 Worship Camps 5 comments
- How fast should we sing the hymns? 0 comments
- Too Much Repetition? 2 comments
- How to engage the congregation: Part 3 “Balance Familiar and Fresh Songs” 0 comments
- Are Guitar Solos of the Devil? 3 comments
- Want to join the worship team? Here’s a toilet brush! 0 comments