If you can get a new recruit to be able to start playing along with a simple popular worship song with just 5 minutes of instruction, you can literally watch the excitement on their faces as they realize that they can actually do it! And then with that excitement, you can launch them into practicing more and more to do more songs and before you know it, you have a whole team with experience climbing higher and higher.
And in our church family and at our camps, we make sure everyone gets a chance to learn the basics on every instrument. This not only comes in handy for scheduling, but also for communicating and understanding and listening to the other members in the band.
We would love to bring a team out to teach you this in person, but you can watch these videos for a quick 5 minutes of instruction and then launch in, just like we do at the end.
and finally the whole band!
Subscribe Via Email
- Fresh Keyboard Sounds with Mainstage now $29! 11 comments
- Favorite Modern Classic Hymns and arrangements 0 comments
- From Old Testament to Rock ‘n Roll 3 comments
- How the Microphone Changed the World 2 comments
- Register for 2013 Worship Camps 5 comments
- How fast should we sing the hymns? 0 comments
- How to engage the congregation: Part 3 “Balance Familiar and Fresh Songs” 0 comments
- Too Much Repetition? 2 comments
- Are Guitar Solos of the Devil? 3 comments
- Want to join the worship team? Here’s a toilet brush! 0 comments