Want to join the worship team? Here’s a toilet brush!
In John 13 we read that Jesus washed his disciples feet. In Mark 10:45 we read that Jesus came “came not to be served but to serve others and to give his life as a ransom for many.”
In our culture we don’t have “servants” who “wash our feet” which in cities […]
Media Techs: Don’t put the words up LATE!
Don’t be LATE! My fellow media technicians. Let me make a request to you pretty please. It doesn’t matter what presentation software you are using. Powerpoint, Keynote,Propresenter, EasyWorship, Media Shout, Song Show Plus, … It doesn’t matter. I would say probably THE #1 most distracting thing about using media in worship […]
What I learned at Feb 9th Worship Leader Meeting
Dave Morgan from Canyon Hills Community Church in Bothell and formerly from Overlake Christian Church in Redmond, is a great worship leader who I look up to. One of the things he is great at is networking with other worship leaders and he hosts a worship leader’s network meeting a few times a year and […]
How to engage the congregation: Part 3 “Balance Familiar and Fresh Songs”
This one is fairly simple. It is hard to sing along on a new song, so you want the majority of songs that you sing to be songs that are familiar to most people if you can. It’s only once you learn the melody that you have enough brain power to spare […]
How to Engage the Congregation! – Part 2: Pick the “right” songs
Once you have spent time asking God to reveal to how what He wants, you might want to take a look at your song selection. What does God want to hear?
1. Give me the Gospel Truth!
The first thing you probably want to do is take a look at the lyrics to […]
How to Engage the Congregation! – Part 1: Pray!
There is certainly a place for the worship team to sing a song to the congregation, where the congregation is expected to participate by listening …
But for the vast majority of worship leaders out there, our heart beats with the command from the scriptures such as Psalm 150:6 “Let everything that has breath […]
Subscribe Via Email
- Fresh Keyboard Sounds with Mainstage now $29! 11 comments
- Favorite Modern Classic Hymns and arrangements 0 comments
- How the Microphone Changed the World 2 comments
- From Old Testament to Rock ‘n Roll 3 comments
- Register for 2013 Worship Camps 5 comments
- Are Guitar Solos of the Devil? 3 comments
- How fast should we sing the hymns? 0 comments
- Too Much Repetition? 2 comments
- How to engage the congregation: Part 3 “Balance Familiar and Fresh Songs” 0 comments
- Want to join the worship team? Here’s a toilet brush! 0 comments