Want to join the worship team? Here’s a toilet brush!
In John 13 we read that Jesus washed his disciples feet. In Mark 10:45 we read that Jesus came “came not to be served but to serve others and to give his life as a ransom for many.”
In our culture we don’t have “servants” who “wash our feet” which in cities without underground sewers, I can imagine that would be a pretty gross job. So, we think cleaning bathrooms is the modern equivalent. And we want to be like Jesus so that’s what we do, with a smile on our faces even. I’m so proud of these guys!
Also, we help save the church money by not having to hire an outside cleaning crew. And we learn to take ownership and responsibility for the gifts God has given us. And it helps us stay grounded and keep from getting a big head.
So every week we have a list of cleaning duties, including cleaning bathrooms, sweeping, mopping, taking out the trash, … and we spend 20 minutes as a group getting the job done.
Want to join the worship team? Come on out on a Wednesday! Teach some younger troops the ropes at JAM. Have dinner with us. Study the Bible with us. Pray with us. Yes, come make music with us, but first …
Here’s a toilet brush! 😉 Welcome aboard!
Subscribe Via Email
- Fresh Keyboard Sounds with Mainstage now $29! 11 comments
- Favorite Modern Classic Hymns and arrangements 0 comments
- How the Microphone Changed the World 2 comments
- From Old Testament to Rock ‘n Roll 3 comments
- Register for 2013 Worship Camps 5 comments
- Are Guitar Solos of the Devil? 3 comments
- How fast should we sing the hymns? 0 comments
- Too Much Repetition? 2 comments
- How to engage the congregation: Part 3 “Balance Familiar and Fresh Songs” 0 comments
- Want to join the worship team? Here’s a toilet brush! 0 comments