We had a great day today. Let’s run through the events of the day. We started by welcoming our 12 campers and many jr interns, collecting paperwork, writing name tags and putting our lunches away. Then we took some time to welcome each other to worship camp and played some name games and took some time to go over the most important story of all time: the Gospel!
Then we went off to class for some study on Theology (about how we are God’s Masterpiece in Ephesians 2:10) and Music Theory (music=organized sound, 3 big questions: when? what? how loud?) followed by some snack time. Then we did an intro of all the stations including:
- acoustic guitar
- bass guitar
- electric guitar
Then we went off to lunch and then went through a full rotation of all the stations, so everyone got a chance to try everything, playing a very simple song: “you are so good to me” which mostly uses just 2 chords, G and C.
After another snack break we went and did some bible study on Genesis 1 and Psalm 33:3 and had a great time singing praises to God. Then after just a few minutes of clean up it was time to go!
If you want to see our notes for the day, check out this pdf: June 17 2013 worship camp reports
If you want to see some of the pictures we took today, check out this facebook link:
See y’all tomorrow!
Subscribe Via Email
- Fresh Keyboard Sounds with Mainstage now $29! 11 comments
- Favorite Modern Classic Hymns and arrangements 0 comments
- How the Microphone Changed the World 2 comments
- From Old Testament to Rock ‘n Roll 3 comments
- Register for 2013 Worship Camps 5 comments
- How fast should we sing the hymns? 0 comments
- Too Much Repetition? 2 comments
- Are Guitar Solos of the Devil? 3 comments
- How to engage the congregation: Part 3 “Balance Familiar and Fresh Songs” 0 comments
- Want to join the worship team? Here’s a toilet brush! 0 comments